AnonymousKay so long story short. I lovee junk food and all that stuff. But trying to not eat it is superr hard for me. Anyway I can gradually get off eating it?
If you have control over what food is in your house, don’t buy junk food. This means don’t go to the store when you have a craving & don’t go on an empty stomach. You’ll want to give in to every temptation!
If you live in an environment where you have little to no control over the food that is bought & so junk is around you whether you want it or not I have a few suggestions.
- Always have healthy snacks around you too. Keep carrots or raisins or nuts or any kid of fruit in your house or on your person. If you’re in the car, have a stash there or bring it with you. This can help you avoid temptation.
- I haven’t tried this particular trick, but always have gum or a mint with you. If you feel a craving coming on, put this in your mouth instead. Even a sugar free cough drop or hard candy.
- If it’s the sweet taste you like look up fruit smoothie recipes. I know I love ice cream. It’s my weakness. So I’ve found that frozen fruit can help.
- Also, if you can, I like to give in to myself at least once a week, especially if I’ve worked hard. But it’s important to remember not to go overboard & binge because you haven’t had this. It’s a treat. Like a holiday.
- I use to love to eat junk food & thought I had little self control. But really, I wasn’t educated about what I was putting into my body. Therefore my last suggestion may be to start counting calories. Give yourself a minimum of 1200 net calories per day. You’ll see how sweets & junk really add up & limit what you can have for other meals. You’ll start to notice how empty they are.
It takes six weeks to break a habit! You can do this. Start to train your body right :)
Thank you so much for the question! And there was no reason to be anon! :)
Leave questions, comments, concerns, anon, anything you want in my ask box! I promise you I’ll answer :)